Friday, May 23, 2014

Three Days Off!


A rare day, working at home, with a rather pesky charming colleague

Oh, goodness, gracious, me!

I have been quiet.

I would love to tell you I have been sewing away, but that is not the case. I had a big deadline at work, which kept me pretty busy. I released some documentation on Wednesday highlighting a wonderful new Dart feature— a tool for profiling your Dart applications. I just know you are dying to read all about Observatory!

What is going on in the sewing realm?

Well, I muslined a Lekala pattern a couple weeks ago. It was a disaster. A true wadder. The printout, the test garment, it all went straight into the trash.

I planned to write about it, but I haven't had the time. Maybe I can get to that this weekend, because the reason it didn't work for me would apply to others with my body type.

I also traced off a Burda jacket and altered it, but I haven't chosen a fabric to test it out. (I have a very special fabric that I want to use only when I'm sure of the pattern.)

Also, I've been watching the new Cocktail Dress online video class offered by Susan Khalje. It's very good! But I want to watch more before I blog about it. (This class is offered through her website, not Craftsy or other video websites.)

We both hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good weekend too and get some sewing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the plan, Carolyn! (Though I also plan to hang with a friend tomorrow.)

      Delete
  2. Sew girl, sew! And have some other fun, too. It sounds like you're ready for this break from work. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to hear of your trial with the Lekala pattern. I have downloaded a couple but haven't got any further. Enjoy your 3 days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh la la, lucky girl...I am interested in the cocktail dress class, also. Even tho I rarely wear them, it looked so fun. Am interested to hear your review. The price was a bit steep for an online class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a terrific weekend, too, S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww....so sweet....kitty loves being close. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete